How to Make Pancakes
How to Make Pancakes. Step one in how to make pancakes , measure the dry ingredients correctly. If the recipe calls for sifted flour, make sure put it through a sifter as instructed. Make sure you measure out the right amount of the ingredients or you could end up with a mess in the end.
1. measure the dry ingredients correctly. If the recipe calls for sifted flour, make sure put it through a sifter as instructed. Make sure you measure out the right amount of the ingredients or you could end up with a mess in the end.
2. Now you will need to correctly measure out the wet ingredients. Again, precision is key. Use a liquid measuring cup to measure out all the wet ingredients including the milk and oil. Open up the eggs one at a time separately and break up the yolks.
3. Make two separate bowls, one for the wet ingredients, and one for the dry ingredients. Mix them each separately very well. Stir the dry ingredients with a spoon and beat the wet ingredients together so that they are completely incorporated.
4. Pour all the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients. Gently stir it together, but be careful not to over-beat. Vigorously beating the batter will result in tough, undesirable pancakes that no one will want to eat.
5. Now you will need to retrieve your pan or griddle. I like to use a big electric griddle that I can plug in away from the stove. Use a little bit of oil or butter to lightly grease the pan. You could also use cooking spray for this step. Heat the pan to medium high heat.
6. Next, use a measuring cup or a ladle to pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan. Space the pancakes out about 2 or so inches apart. If you want the pancakes to be bigger or smaller, use the batter accordingly.
7. Tiny bubbles will soon begin to form about a minute after pouring. Now is the time to flip them. Cook them on the pan for another minute or until golden brow. Serve warm with syrup and butter
here is another great recipe for blueberry pancakes
All you need to make these delicious pancakes is few ingredients, which I listed below. I used my homemade pancake mix because I make pancakes very often and it is easier to have ready to use mix. You can also make your own flour mix; all you have to do is to mix flour that you like the most with some sugar and baking powder. I use brown sugar, as it is more nutritious. Sometimes I use coco flour instead of wheat flour and the result is amazing. Well there are thousands methods to make your own delicious homemade pancakes. I am sure that with these instructions you will be happy with the result. By the way, I know that many people buy pancake mix and it is ok to use it for this recipe:
- - 1 cup skim milk
- - 1 ½ cups dry pancake mix
- - 2 eggs
- - ½ cup flax seed meal
- - 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- - 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make Homemade Blueberry Flax Pancakes:
1. In one bowl, stir together dry pancake mix and flax seed meal (if you are using flour, baking powder and sugar do the same thing with them and add flax, the proportions are: 1 ½ cup flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 tablespoon sugar) 2. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla extract. 3. Make a hole in the center of dry ingredients, pour wet ingredients into this hole, and whisk until combined. Do not over mix the batter; it can have some lumps remaining. 4. Set a griddle or a frying pan over medium heat and brush it with few drops of oil ( you can use paper towel to do this). 5. Pour about ¼ cup of batter on the surface of griddle or frying pan and cook pancakes on one side for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Then flip pancakes and again cook for about 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. 6. Serve warm and with desired topping.