How to Program an RCA Universal Remote Using Manual Code Search
From HowiwIf the other directions did not work, try these simple steps to program an RCA Universal Remote.
- First, You have to Turn on the target device VCR, DVD TV etc.
- Next, Press and hold code search until the LED lights.
- Release the code search.
- Next, You have to Press and release the component key you wish to program .
- (the indicator light should have blinked and remained lit).
- The directions are, from this point on, identical to the others (which had you holding the code search button while you press and release the component key)
- Aim the remote at the target device, press on-off until the component turns off.
- Press enter to save the code.
- Auto code search takes too long, up to 3 seconds per code. Follow steps 1-4, press the on-off once, point at the target and wait. Every three seconds a new code will be sent. When the device turns off press ENTER to store the code.
- Codes are specific to the manufacturer of the remote, not the components you wish to control. The first code to turn off the device is not neccessarily the correct one.
- How to Program an RCA Universal Remote Without a "Code Search" Button
- How to Hack your Start Button
- How to Use Best Keyboard Shortcuts
- How to Customize Your start Button