How to Program an RCA Universal Remote Without a "Code Search" Button
How to Program an RCA Universal Remote Without a "Code Search" Button. These remotes apparently use a different code list than newer RCA remotes. The list was found in a PDF manual for an old RCA VCR.
- Remove the battery cover on the back of the remote and look for the model number ("RCU300X" for instance).
- Consult list of TV codes for your model via: rcaaccessories.com/index.html (or search online).
- Press and hold the TV button on the remote. LED will stay "ON".
- Enter the code for your brand of TV into the remote while continuing to hold the TV button down. LED will go out during number entry and turn back on when the last digit is entered.
- Release the TV button. LED will flash and go out if number is entered sucessfully, or flash 4 times if it detects an error.
- Press Channel up or down to see if this has worked.
- The alternate TV Code list will likely suffice for those facing this problem, but if not here is the process used to obtain the codes.
- Doing a Google search with "rca vcr "your compatible vcr model number" pdf" in the search line will hopefully bring up a manual from RCA.com. You don't need to use the quotes in the search bar. You may have to try multiple model numbers before finding the correct manual.
- How to Remove a Hickey
- How to Say Hello in Different Languages
- How to Talk to a Girl You Like for the First Time
- How to Update Your Computer's BIOS
- How to Hint for a Kiss from a Guy